Introduction: Hawaiian Spam and Cabbage Stir Fry
Residents of Hawaii consume more SPAM than populations anywhere else in the world: On average 12 cans of SPAM per person per year. This is a healthy, easy-to-cook, local Hawaiian staple, where the flavours of the spam greatly complements those of the cabbage.
Step 1: Ingredients
* Napa Cabbage
* Oyster sauce
* Soy Sauce
* Cutting board and Knife
Step 2: Mise En Place
* Peel off the outer leaves of the Napa Cabbage
* Uniformly slice the cabbage leaves laterally like shown in the image above
* Rinse the cabbage off of any dirt.
* Slice the spam into small cubes, evenly.
Step 3: Pan Fry the Spam
* Add butter onto a small pan and heat it to medium heat
* When melted, add the cubed spams
* Pan fry until slightly dark in colour.
Step 4: Stir Fry the Cabbage
* Add the rinsed cabbage into the wok in medium heat
* Add a quarter cup of water and cover it.
* When the cabbage has shrunk add a teaspoon of soy sauce, sugar, and salt, respectively.
* Add a tablespoon of oyster sauce
Step 5: Mix-in the Spam
Add in the cooked spam with the cabbage. Mix well and plate.
Enjoy your meal!