This a fun and easy costume that gives the illusion of the head coming off. endless Fun. It never gets old. I made this with just a few tool and a few materials. I will do my best to document the critical points that make this illusion function properly. with that said there is plenty of room for change and improvement. take this idea and make it your own. You can do this. You are going to have a blast.
*YOU HAVE TO SEE IT IN MOTION TO GET THE FULL EFFECT SO CHECK OUT THE VIDEO BELOW.
Step 1: Materials
1) Coat, long enough to cover the knees.
2) Shirt ,Button down collar .
For the internal structure
1)Roll of duct tape
2)Roll of wire. I used number 8 galvanized steel wire 20 foot long(Minimum)
a few feet of regular copper electrical wire number 10 or you could use the steel wire if you have enough.
Step 2: The outside costume
1)Mark the jacket at the elbow. on the inside of the arm and on the body of the jacket.
2) Cut from the armpit to the elbow on the inside of the jacket arm and the body of the jacket.
3) Now sew together on each side
4) Do the same on the other side