Introduction: Headliner Repair Using Foam Backing Headliner Material Fabric and Industrial Adhesive
Headliner Board Removal From the Vehicle
1) Remove the Sunvisor and Visor Clips.
2) Remove any upper center console or light fixtures.
3) Remove the grab handles if applicable.
4) Remove any plastic clips from the center or rear if applicable.
5) Recline and slide back both front seats.
6) Pull down the headliner board from the center until it pull away from each edge.
7) Once the board is down remove it thru the passenger side door area.
Headliner Board Prep and Recovering
1) Remove the headliner board from the vehicle.
2) Remove the old headliner material.
3) Clean the board free of all old foam.
4) Roll out the new headliner material with foam backing.
5) Center the headliner material on the board allowing 1 to 2 inches over-hang.
6) Fold back the headliner material half way.
7) Begin to spray adhesive to the headliner board in 1 ft. sections at a time.
8) Once the adhesive is laid down smooth out the material immediately.
9) Continue this technique until all of the headliner board is recovered
A. Razor Blades
B. Recommended Adhesive : High Temp Spray Adhesive
C. Wire Brush
D. Flat Surface – Table or Sawhorses, etc.
E. Phillips and Flat Head Screwdrivers
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.