Note: This does have raw egg in the product which will spoil quickly if left at room temperature so keep the mayonnaise refrigerated! After all, no one likes to be sick :)
Step 1: Ingredients
- 18 oz of olive oil- you can use other kinds of oil but olive oil is the healthiest choice (be sure to have some extra handy as the oil is what makes the mayonnaise thicken)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon/lime juice
- Any other flavorings you want- Add some dry mustard or white pepper. Or even go green and add some vegetables.
That’s all the ingredients you’ll need to make about 18 fl oz of mayonnaise.
However, some equipment is also recommended:
- A stand mixer- you can use a whisk, but trust me a stand mixer saves a lot of work and time
- A spouted measuring cup (this is important for the incorporation of the oil)
- A glass container to hold the finished mayonnaise