Introduction: Healthy Apple Coconut Ice
There was a potluck get together in my daughter's play school today for Christmas and I was thinking what to make. I wanted to make a something which is healthier. I usually make coconut ice at home but since I was thinking of an healthier option, I thought of adding apples to this dish.
Apple Coconut Ice is an extremely healthy dessert especially for kids. It has lots of fresh apple and coconut, hence great for their tiffin/ snack as well. This can be a great dessert in get togethers as well. Coconut Ice is popularly known as Coconut Barfi in India. Hope you like it.
Step 1: Ingredients
- Fresh Apple - 2 Big Size
- Unsweetened Shredded Dry Coconut - 400 grams (2x200grams)
- Condensed Milk - 600 ml (2x300 ml)
- Water - 1.5 Cups
- Pistachio Shaving
Yields about 54 pieces. Size of each piece being 1.5 inch x 1.5 inch x 1inch
Step 2: Preparation Method
- Peel and de-pit the apples. Cut it into very thin tiny pieces.
- Dry roast the coconut till a nice aroma comes.
- Add the apples and mix well for 2 mins.
- Add water and mix well. Cook for about 10 mins.
- Add the condensed milk, mix well. Cook for 10 mins. Turn off stove.
- Pour half the mixture onto a greased pan. Level it so it has a flat surface.
- Add green food color to the other half of the mixture and pour on top of the first layer of mixture. Again level it so its flat.
- Spread pistachio shavings on top to make it look more festive.
- Refrigerate it for atleast 3 hours.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
- You could refrigerate it and eat whenever needed.
The Apple Coconut Ice is ready. Enjoy.