These decadent healthy chocolate strawberry dessert or snack are easy to make and gift. simple technique help coat chocolate over strawberry smoothly and evenly . These simple and gorgeous looking desserts are very yummy..
If you are gifting it this holiday, stick them in a Santa Cup like a Strawberry basket or in a cupcake cup to put them in a box. However you pack them,they will be liked and relished by all. If you like this instructable do leave me a comment on thing I did good or what I need to improve.
Step 1: Ingredients
1 Chocolate chips for melting- 2 color I have used dark chocolate and Orange chocolate for decoration
2. Icing Bag
3. BBQ bamboo skewers or toothpick.
4. Cup to hold the Strawberry
5. Microwave safe container to melt the chocolate.
6. Strawberry - washed, air dried and wiped gently with kitchen tissue.
7. Mini Cupcake cups
Step 2: Prep the Strawberry
- Pick healthy looking big strawberry and wash them throughly. Now we need to dry them completely. Dry them over kitchen towel. This will absorb all the excess water .
- Once they are dry of water pull the leafs gently outward and pierce the crown of the Stawberry with the skewer or toothpick.
-Place them in the cup.
Step 3: Melt the Chocolate and Dip the Strawberry.
-To melt the chocolate, place these chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and set the microwave power to half. and put time to 3 min or follow instruction on the back to melt.
-Pause the microwave very 30 sec and stir it properly. Remember to check very 30 sec. Once the chocolate melts into a smooth paste, remove it from the Microwave.
- Now hold the skewer near the crown of the strawberry and dip it in the chocolate and rotate it once so that the chocolate coats evenly. Remember not cover the leaf with chocolate. Make sure u shake off gently the excess chocolate. Once this is done place the skewer in a cup or a glass. As you put your strawberry in the cup make sure they don't tough each other. Let one cup hold only 4 chocolate covered strawberries
Step 4: Decoration
-Now melt Orange chocolate in another bowl and allow the instruction on the back or microwave them in half power stirring every 30 second till they melt.
-Now in a icing bag or in a ziplock fill in 4 spoon of the melted orange chocolate. Cut the nip of the icing bag. Gently twist the top and start decorating the strawberry. The secret is to keep the icing bag little higher than the strawberry.
-Once done place them in the cupcake cup and put them in the serving Platter. your health snack or desert is ready to satisfy your sweet tooth craving while not being too rich in calories...