Introduction: Healthy Granola
Splash of waterToasted Nuts:
- Rolled Oats
- Brown Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Turmeric powder
- Cayenne powder
- Almond slivers
- Pecan Pieces
Step 1: Preheat Oven, Prep Baking Sheet and Toast Nuts With Spices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use convection setting if you have it!
- Line Baking Sheet with foil, and spray with coconut oil cooking spray or oil sheets with canola oil.
- In a DRY pan, toast nuts with a pinch of cayenne and a tbs of Tumeric.
Step 2: Melt Sugars, Mix and Toast
In a large bowl, add Rolled Oats, Coconut Shreds and Toasted nuts.
- In a non-stick saucepan add 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of maple syrup and a splash of water.
- heat until bubbling, reduce heat
- cook for additional 3 minutes.
Spread evenly on foil lined baking sheetToast in 350 degree over for 10 minutes, stir and watch closely for final 10 minutes. Finished granola should be toasty brown, not burned. Add final ingredients:
- Mix in the hot sugar liquid with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Coconut shreds (Other half - as our mix of fresh and toasted adds depth)
- Lavender Seeds
Step 3: Eat and Enjoy!
- Remove the granola from the oven and let it cool a bit.
- Enjoy with yogurt or milk.
BBQ Showdown Challenge
Stick It! Contest