Who knew you could make YOUR OWN CHOCOLATE that's actually GOOD FOR YOU! You only need 3 main ingredients and no special equipment. All you need is a heat proof bowl, a pan of simmering water and something to set you chocolate in (cake tin, moulds...etc)
Step 1: Steps
- 1/2 cup (100g)
- coconut oil1/4 cup (4 tbsp)
- cocoa or cacao powder
- 3 tbsp honey (or rice syrup, maple syrup, coconut sugar...etc)
- 1 tbsp almond butter (or other nut butters)
- Pinch of salt1/2 tsp vanilla paste (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- Toppings - quinoa pops, pistachios, coconut flakes, cranberry powder
- In a heat proof bowl, add the coconut oil, almond butter, sweetener, vanilla, cocoa powder and salt. You don't have to melt the coconut oil at this point as we'll be heating and melting all the ingredients together anyway.
- Using a double boiler method - place the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and mix until everything it combined and you're left with a smooth chocolate.
- To set the chocolate, you can use a loaf tin, cake tin, chocolate moulds or even a plastic container - just make sure you cover with parchment paper so you can easily take the chocolate out once set.Place in the freezer for a couple of hours or until it's hardened.
- When you're ready to serve, take your chocolate out and slice into what ever shape and as many pieces as you like. Notes Because coconut oil starts to melt in warm temperature, I would store the chocolate in the freezer until you're ready to serve/eat. It will start to melt if it's left out for too long, especially if your house is warm!