Introduction: Healthy Sugar Free Dates Rolls
Check out this yummy and simple sweet dish recipe which is healthy, sugar free made of dates and dried fruits. Crunchy date and nuts rolls are simple to make dessert recipe. It tastes divine. Dates and poppy seeds are very healthy so enjoy the health benefits of both with these rolls or barfi recipe.
Seedless dates - 500-600 gms
Chopped Almonds, cashew nuts, pistachios - 1 cup
Melon seeds - 1 tsp (optional)
Poppy seeds (Khus Khus) - 3-4 tbsps
Desi ghee - 2 tbsp
Step 1: Method
1. Roughly grind dates in mixture grinder jar. pulse for 3-4 times if dates are soft, if dates are hard, pulse for 5-6 pulses.
2. in a non-stick pan, dry roast poppy seeds for 2-3 min on medium to high flame to remove the rawness of seeds. Remove it from the pan.
3. Heat 1 tbsp desi ghee and roast chopped nuts along with melon seeds for 3-4 min till crisp. Remove from kadai/ pan.
4. Heast balance quantity of desi ghee and cook grounded dates mixture. Cook for 3-4 min till soft on medium to high flame. Add in roasted crisp nuts and mix well till it become whole mass and mixed nicely.
5. Remove the mixture from kadai and allow it to cool down a bit. After 5 min, roll out the date and nuts mixture to form a cylindrical roll. Alternatively date ladoos can be prepared. Coat the roll/ ladoos in poppy seeds. Cover the roll with aluminium foil and keep in fridge for 1 hour.
6. Once set cut pcs of date and nuts roll and store in air tight container.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.