In this instructable you can read how to make a heart pendant from a coin.
- Colored paper
- Old t-shirt
- Hacksaw, dremel or grinder
- Exacto knife
- Different grades of sandpaper
- Metal polish
- Center punch
Step 1: Choose a coin
The coin is made of aluminum bronze.
Aluminum bronze consists of 92% copper, 6% aluminum and 2% nickel.
Step 2: Shape the coin
- Cut a heart out of paper in the size of the coin with a scissor
- Glue the heart with (super)glue on the coin
- Grind or cut the remaining material away with a hacksaw, dremel or cutting tool
- Remove the paper heart of the coin
If you find the pattern of the coin well, then you can proceed to the next step.
When you want a blank canvas or a mirror finish then continue with this step.
- Grind the pattern off the coin with a dremel, grinder or sandpaper
Step 3: Drill a hole
- Find a place where you want to drill the hole
- Mark the center of the hole with a center punch and a hammer
- Clamp the coin securely on top of a piece of scrap wood
- Drill a hole at the site of the markeering
- Use the smallest drill bit you have (my smallest drill bit was 3mm)
- Sand the burrs off of the coin