This is a spin on a classic dish. Full of flavor and delicious vegetables and sauce, this lasagna will surely please on a midsummer's Sunday lunch.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 3/4 of ricotta cheese
- 20 lasagna sheets
- 2 eggplants
- 5 zucchini
- 4 cups of fresh tomato sauce (homemade is the best!)
- 1 egg
Step 2: Cheese Filling & Assemble
1. Whisk the egg with the ricotta cheese to make the cheese filling.
2. Cut the eggplant and zucchini into thin slices vertically.
3. In a medium-sized casserole dish, pour about 1/3 cup of the tomato sauce.
4. Place about 5 sheets of lasagna pasta on top of the tomato sauce. Then pour about another 13 of a cup of tomato sauce on top of the pasta layer. Then place a few spoonfuls of the cheese mixture on top of the sauce.
Step 3: Bake
5. Place another layer of pasta sheets on top of the cheese. Then pour another 1/2 cup of tomato sauce on top of the pasta.
6. Next place the zucchini slices on top of the tomato sauce. Place a few dollops of cheese on top of the zucchini.
7. Repeat steps 3-6 with the eggplant. In the end, you should have about 6 to 7 layers of pasta.
8. Preheat oven to 350˚F.
9. Once oven is preheated, bake lasagna for about 45 minutes.
Step 4: Plating and Enjoy!
10. Serve with a few leaves of basil or chives, and enjoy!