sewing machine (optional)
cutter & plier
PU foam 5x10x20 cm
dark-brown stretchy fabric 20x20 cm
light-brown felt 10x10 cm
white fluffy fleece 10x20 cm
thread (brown, white and black)
black felt (tiny piece for the eyes)
Step 1: The Body
1. Fold the foam bar and wrap it as a package with the rope.
2. Loosely stitch it together at the sides in the middle.
3. Cut small pieces from the foam, to give it an oval ball shape. Cut slightly more material away from the bottom, to leave space for the head. Chamfer the edges.
4. Hollow the body out, approximately 2 cm deep.
5. Cut a piece of dark-brown fabric and drape it over the ball. Slightly stretch the fabric and pin it around the edges. To get rid of overlapping textile, you can make a cut towards the middle and cut away the abundant material. Close the stitch.
6. Turn the body upside down, trim the fabric. Leave 1 cm to overlap the edge.
7. Stitch the fabric to the foam, well inside the belly. The curved needle will prove it's power here!
8. Cut an oval piece of white fleece, matching the curved shape of the inside. Pad it.
9. Stitch it to the dark-brown fabric, all around the edge. Make sure you don't see the thread.
TIP: the fluffier the fleece the better. In best case, you will see a clear difference between the back-side and the right-side of the fabric. Use the fluffiest side up for the belly, and use the other side for the head. Like this the head will stand out nicely, but still be perceived as one body.