Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho
5 pounds heirloom tomatoes, cored, seeded, and quartered
1 1/2 cups reserved tomato juice
1 cucumber, peeled and finely diced
1 large yellow pepper, cored and finely diced
2 large cloves garlic
1/3 cup olive oil
2 T apple cider vinegar
2 T red wine vinegar
2 1/2 t. sea salt
1 t. ground black pepper
1. Core and seed the tomatoes over a bowl. Reserve the tomato juice and strain into a measuring cup. Add water, to equal 1 1/2 cups liquid.
2. Peel the cucumber. Core the yellow pepper. Finely dice both the cucumber and the yellow pepper.
3. Crush the garlic. Mix the olive oil, vinegars, salt, and pepper together.
4. Add the seeded, cored tomatoes, 3/4 of the cucumber-pepper mixture, and the vinaigrette to the blender in two batches. Puree until smooth. Add each batch to a large bowl.
5. Stir both batches until combined.
6. Chill the gazpacho until cold. Serve in small bowls for appetizers or soup bowls for an entree.