Create tasty, knock-your-socks-off Lemon Dill Chips to accompany Tuna-Cucumber Salad.
Add ZIP to your regular Cheese Nachos with Taco-spiced Cheddar Chips.
Designer Lime/Sea Salt Tortilla Chips will make even the BEST homemade Guacamole "pop".
This simple, inexpensive recipe technique takes just minutes and a few simple ingredients. Use your imagination to customize your Chips with herbs and spices that compliment your dish.
Don't overlook the dry seasoning, sauce and salad dressing mixes in your pantry, either. You won't be purchasing those spendy flavored doritos anymore. Your taste buds and your wallet will both thank you!
Here's what you'll need to get started:
- Store-bought Tortilla Chips- preferably low (or no) salt
- Canola Oil Spray
- Herbs and/or dry seasoning/sauce/dressing mix
Here are the EASY-PEASY cooking directions:
- Preheat your Oven to 350 degress.
- Layer the Tortilla Chips on a cookie sheet.
- Spray the chips with Canola Oil.
- Sprinkle with the chips with the herbs and spices of your choice.
- Bake for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve!
Finally, here is a small list of herb, spice, seasoning mix, and salad dressing mixes to choose from:
- Garlic Pepper
- Chili Powder
- Lemon Pepper
- Dill Weed
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Salt
- Italian Herb blend
- Ranch Dressing Mix
- Taco Seasoning
- Dry Cheddar Cheese Mix (from boxed Mac & Cheese)
I used Lemon Pepper and Dill for a flavor to enhance an upcoming Nacho creation. I also tried Cheddar cheese and Taco seasoning together for a basic dipping chip. Tarragon with garlic pepper sounded good so I tried that, too. ;-) ALL of these combos were absolutely delicious!
Just give this a try... you simply cannot go wrong! ;-)