Served cold, it's the perfect lunch or appetizer on these hot, lazy Summer days.
Ingredients for 1 Lunch Serving or Appetizer for 2 :
- 1 small can Albacore Tuna-packed in water- drained
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 Roma or Plum tomato- diced
- 1 small stalk of celery- chopped
- 1 T capers- drained and chopped
- 1/4 t Dill weed
- 1/4 t Garlic pepper
- 1/4 t Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Feta Cheese-crumbed
- Lime wedges
- pinch Dill weed
Use a fork to gently toss the drained tuna and mayonnaise together. Try to keep the tuna as flakey as possible.
Add the rest of the ingredients (except Garnish) and refrigerate the salad until you're ready to serve.
In the meantime, prepare your Tortilla chips. The EASY recipe for Lemon/Dill Chips can be found here: https://www.instructables.com/id/Herb-infused-Gourmet-Tortilla-Chips/
- Toss the Tuna Salad again to redistribute any liquid.
- Layer a bowl with the Tortilla Chips.
- Spoon the Tuna salad in.
- Sprinkle with Feta Cheese and add a pinch of Dill.
- Garnish with Lime wedges. (The spritz of fresh Lime is essential to the flavor of this recipe. Please don't overlook it.)