With Instructables you can share what you make with the world and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
share what you made with text, photos, video, and files
gather your favorite instructables together
This is a quick and easy walkthrough on how to modify a HiTec Servo and make it a normal dc motor with gears.To see how you can control your motors wi...
1. Say hello to your servo, and say goodbye as well because what we are going to do here is irreversible.We will hack essencial parts of the servo and...
2. This are the tools we need, I think I don't need to describe them :)
3. Ok let's begin.Start by removing the screw on the top.
4. Remove the four little screws on the back of the case.
5. Open the case.
6. And remove the top carefully.
7. We can see the gears inside the case. We only need to remove the first two gears, no need to remove the others.Be careful enough and avoid contamin...
8. Remove the black and white gears.
9. Now it's time to remove the circuit on the bottom of the case, see the next foto.
10. Use the soldering iron and gently remove the circuit.
11. You can see now the dc motor.
12. Cut the wires that connect the potenciometer to the circuit.
13. Now remove the little screw inside the case.
14. Press the potenciometer thingey to remove it.
15. Parts we don't need anymore.. I wasn't carefull enough and broke the circuit.. no problem, we won't need it anymore, at least I don't know what I ...
16. Now grab two wires with +- 15 cm, depends on your needs.
17. Grab your soldering iron and solder the wires to the motor pins. Note the red mark on the motor.
18. Now we are going to remove the thingey that tells to the servo to spin only 180º.
19. Remove the white ring.
20. Make an horizontal cut.
21. Then make a vertical cut.
22. The thingey is removed.
23. Remove any imperfections you see.
24. Put the white ring back.
25. Ok, now we can put our gears back.
26. Like this.
27. Time to close the case.
28. Before closing the bottom, perform a knot on the wires, and adjust them to the border of the case. This will protect the solder business we've don...
29. Close the bottom part, and put the screws back.
30. Say hello to your brand new DC Motor.
31. You can use the wires and connector to be an extension to another 'real' servo, or for sensors, or for anything else. You can use the potenciomete...
We have a be nice comment policy. Please be positive and constructive.
How To Modify A Hitec HS-65HB Servo W/Kryptonite Gears For Continuous Rotationby Zeitron
Controlling Servos Using the SSC-32 Servo Controller and Arduino Unoby yhtomitsy
Wallbots: Autonomous Magnetic Robots that Traverse Vertical Surfacesby staceyk
DIY Servo Motorby vu2aeo
Jury Rigging A Servo To Drive A Low Voltage Motor (DIY ESC)by Nicapizza
Hack a TowerPro Micro Servo to Spin 360 / Continuous Rotationby FoamboardRC
Tower Pro SG 90 Micro Servo Hackby arduinodude11
Make your own low-cost servoby electro18
Servo 360 rotation mod (Parallax)by biomech75
How to modify a servo motor for continuous rotation ( One motor walker robot )by robomaniac
Download our new apps for iOS, Android and Windows 8!
© 2015 Autodesk, Inc.
By clicking "Create Account" you are indicating that you have read and agree to the Terms of service.
Already a member? Login »
Enter the email associated with your account and we will send you your username and a temporary password.
Not a member? Sign Up »