Full costume or 2010 Halloween can be found at the link below:
Step 1: Ingredients
- Drawer sliders (2) @ $3 for 2 sets (Axmans surplus store!)
- Ring @ $1.50 each (Target clearance shelf)
- Rubber bands @ practically free...
- Letter opener (AKA blade) @ $1 each (Office Depot)
- Cotter pins (2) @ ~$0.20 each (Hardware store)
- brass ones (11) @ $0.09 each (Hardware store)
- steel ones (~12) as filling on long bolt @ $0.08 each (Hardware store)
- size 10 brass @ $0.25 each (Hardware store)
- size 6 (8 of them) @ $0.08 each (Hardware store)
- size 10 (8 of them) @ $0.08 each (Hardware store)
- tiny size 6 (8 of them) @ $0.08 each (Hardware store)
- 2" long size 6 @ $0.08 each (Hardware store)
- L-brackets (8 of them) @ special discount, I got 100 for 35 cents :)
That adds up to about $10.50
Step 2: Assembly step 1
Grip the slider firmly and saw off the extra slider (the wider part)
You should be able to slide the thinner slider part out of the wider one. Do so. We are going to throw away the thinner part, but first we need to get the other smaller piece attached to it.
Bend down the piece shown in the 3rd picture with a pliers. Carefully (and close to the ground) slide off the piece with the ball bearings. Keep this piece along with the ball bearings.
Refer to picture 5 to see what we are keeping.
Go to next step.