Step 1: Supplies
1. A Book
2. An Exacto- Knife
3. Some felt. (Any color will do. A bright red= Warm friendship
A dark red= Passionate love
White= Good friends
3. Some kind of glue. (I used super glue but anything else will work just fine.
4. Elmer's White Glue
Step 2: Choosing the Book
1. A Hard Cover book will be best because you can accidental cut through the book's back.
2. Some book that won't be missed.
3. A relatively medium sized book.
4. Something with special meaning. (Such as a book that both of you like.)
Step 3: Planning the Cut
Step 4: Binding the Cover
What you will be doing to the book is putting diluted LIQUID glue onto the outside edges.
To Clarify: Only the part made of paper.
Now, mix the water and glue together to get a relatively liquid consistency.
Then lightly brush the solution over the page's edges.
It should take no more than 10 minutes to dry.
Step 5: Cutting
Begin using the exacto-knife to cut away at the line making a rectangle in your book. You may want to use the ruler as a stencil to get a straight line. Once you get the first 20+ pages out then you can stop using the ruler. Continue cutting until you get to the depth you want.
Step 6: Laying the Felt
I would recommend putting the super glue on only one end. This will make a felt flap.
Step 7: Secret Secret Compartment (Optional)
Step 8: One Last Finally
Happy Valentine's Day