This hidden compartment is something almost ANYONE can do. The only tools used were a pencil, ruler, a few sticker sheets (not necessary) and a small kitchen knife; things that are readily available to pretty much everyone.
I hope you enjoy this Instuctable. Thanks for taking a look!
Step 1: What You Need
- Small kitchen knife (or anything that can cut through the material you have. Mine was hardboard)
- Sticker sheets (These help disguise the drawer compartment)
- Cardboard box
Step 2: Mark Out the Secret Compartment
1. Depending on how big your drawer is and what you want to hide, decide on the size of the compartment.
2. Draw out your compartment lid. Mine was 100mm x 100mm
3. Using your tool, cut out the lid. Using my kitchen knife was messy, so you may do a better job with other tools.
Step 3: Lid Hinge and Camouflaging
1. Grab your sticker sheets. I used these because they were readily available to me.
2. Cover the bottom of your drawer with them. This will help blend the lid with the rest of the drawer.
3. Cover the lid with sticker sheets also, but overlap them slightly and fold over the edge so there is a flap, but its not sticky, and also act as an invisible handle to open it up. (These 'flaps' can be seen in pictures 3 and 4)
4. To create a hinge, simply put a sticker on the hinged side as seen in pictures 3 and 4
Step 4: The Compartment
Get a box that fits over it and stick it on the underside of the drawer, you can see how I did this in the pictures.