For many years my family makes and displays Easter eggs. I try to do something different every year.
This year I wanted to combine a hidden message inside the egg; readable with an attached homemade glass magnifying lens.
I got the idea from micro-pictures put inside walking canes, rings, lockets which are only visible by either a Stanhope or Dagron lens.
I cut down a wine glass for the lens material and create a modified Plano-convex lens.
1. Egg – white chicken egg
2. Glue gun
3. .005 fine black marker
4. Wine glass
5. Bamboo sticks – for grinding the glass to make lens
6. Wet grinders or paper 100,220,400,600,1000,3000
7. Polishing compound – cerium powder mixed with water
8. Diamond cutting wheel
9. Large metal paperclip
10. Household scissors
11. 20 pound white paper
12. Tweezers – I used a plastic jaw for handling the lense and a small jaw for putting the message in the egg
13. Color markers – to decorate outside of egg
14. Egg holder - I used a large spring clamp
15. Safety gear
Always remember shop safety - wear your protective items