This will be a short little instructable showing you how I mounted my LEDs. Very simple process.
Step 1: Materials
- A high-power RGB LED ($10 for 10 on eBay)
- (I used the 6 pin variety to give me more flexibility in circuit design).
- An aluminum "star" heatsink ($7 for 20 on eBay)
- A 1/2" copper pipe end cap. $0.69 each at my local hardware store
- thermal compound ($1 on eBay)
- electrical tape
- *optional* contact cement or some other adhesive that can bond metal and plastic
- *optional* high power LED lenses ($2.50 on eBay)