This high protein vegetarian soup is mealprep friendly and very quick and easy to make for 4 to 6 portions. The soup tastes delicious chilled and is perfect for warm days or for when you don't have access to a microwave. It is 100% vegetarian and you can also make this recipe vegan by replacing the Greek yogurt with tofu or other vegan protein choices.
Calorie and Macro Information per Serving ( 4 servings total): 369 calories, 6F, 39C, 9 fiber, 38P
Ingredients: 1 tbsp vegetable oil 2 cloves of roughly chopped garlic 1 roughly chopped medium leek 250 g frozen peas 600 g frozen veggie mix (cauliflower, broccoli, and brussel sprouts) Juice of 1 lemon 2 bay leaves Sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper 1 vegetable stock cube (10 g) Filtered water 1 red bell pepper chopped 250 g canned yellow corns 1 kg 0% fat Greek yogurt plain
Instructions: 1. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil at medium high heat, add in garlic and leek, and cook for 2 min.
2. Add in frozen peas, cauliflower, broccoli, and brussel sprouts. Add in just enough water to cover the veggies.
3. Add in bay leaves, lemon juice, seasonings, and vegetable stock cube. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 min.
4. Turn the stove to low heat, take out the bay leaves, and use an immersion blender to puree the veggies roughly.
5. Add in chopped bell pepper and yellow corn for texture and color. Season again and let everything cook at low heat for 5 min.
6. Add in the Greek yogurt. (You can also just store the veggie soup without the Greek yogurt and add in the yogurt when the veggie soup is chilled to minimize curdling). Mid very well and sit for 10 min.
Serve fresh or divide into 4 containers for mealprep. During summer time we don't reheat the soup and they taste great chilled. During colder weather, we do reheat the soup. The soup is packed with flavor and texture either way.
For more tasty high protein vegetarian recipes below: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5eJCT09znHwVsEMfCTs_xrF9ah3NMdQD
Check out my other health/fitness/recipe videos here: https://www.youtube.com/c/getfitwithmindynow