Step 1: Items Needed
Razor Blade, Hobby knife
Stiff card board / Corrugated Plastic (like signs are made from)
Min 2 full rolls of duct tape (Favorite colors)
at least 17" of 1" wide magnetic stripping
Step 2: Woven Tape Prep Work
2) Place the end of the tape at one marking and obviously cut a 20" piece using the other marking. Ideally the overall length of the project will be 18", but were making it 20" to have a little play room if you need to do some trimming. (Pic 1)
3) Flip the tape over glue side up. Fold it length wise approx 1/3 of the way. (Pic2)
4) Fold the tape over again. Now the over all width of the strip should be pretty close to .75". (Pic 3)
5) Repeat process for the 20" pieces until you have 6 (or 12 if you don't want to alternate colors yet) strips.
6) Repeat steps 1-5 again but now make the strips 9". (Pic 4-6)
*Note: The cover picture's design was made with all the 20" pieces (12) all one color and the 9" strips were the 2nd color. But in this instructable was made with every other strip alternating colors giving it a striped design instead of a checkered pattern.