Step 1: Materials
1. Camera (You'll want one that you can mess with the shutter speed and aperture)
3. External Flash
1. A Friend (have an extra set of hands can make the process much easier)
2. Flashlight (it'll help you get around in the dark)
3. Black shirt (used as a backdrop)
In addition to these you will need certain things (subjects) to take pictures of. Some examples of things you can do are:
- Water drops hitting water or a hard flat surface. Using food coloring mixed with milk makes for the best drops.
- Things that "explode" make great high speed shots. Some things you can use are water balloons, eggs, glass, and bubbles.
- Something else that looks great are things that are dropped into flour. The flour creates a really cool effect.