Introduction: High Voltage Pulse Generator for $8 (stungun)
This device is capable of generating high voltage arcs, which can be used as an ignition system for a spud gun.
Or other things where High Voltage pulses are needed for testing purposes.
This device is chargeable with a micro usb cable.
This project uses High Voltage and can be dangerous if used wrong. Build and use this on your own responsibility and never use this on living things.
Step 1: Get the Components
Step 2: Perpare the Module
The module is a little bit to big to fit inside the enclosure.
First cut the excessive part from the tube off.
Than you can use a piece of sand paper or a milling machine to trim the height of the module to fit inside the casing.
When I was using the milling machine the tube broke and I was able to take the whole tube off, which was also fine.
Step 3: Solder the Circuit
- First solder the battery connector to the charge module.
- solder the GREEN wire of the high voltage module to the charge module "-" connection
- solder the RED wire of the high voltage module to one side of the switch
- solder a wire from the "+" connection of the charge module to the other side of the switch
Step 4: Test the Circuit
See how long you can make your arcs. this is important to know when placing the screws.
Step 5: Making the Enclosure
See where everything would fit inside the enclosure and make the holes for the components.
Step 6: Making the Electrodes
- Cut the red High Voltage wires to size
- Strip the red wires and solder spacers to them
- Drill the holes in the enclosure for the bolts to go through
- assemble everything as in the picture
Step 7: Final Touch
- Test if everything works
- Glue everything in place
Update: I added a lot of hot glue at the inside on the electrodes to prevent internal arcing
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.