This Instructable will show you how to make a cheap, bb catching and collecting, airsoft target for high powered airsoft guns. In order for this target to work with your airsoft gun, It needs to be able to go through cardboard. If it can't go through cardboard, you will need a slight modification.
Step 1: Materials
For this Instructable, you will need:
1. A "semi-cube" shaped cardboard box with 3 sides (if it has 4 cut one out)
2. A large piece of cardboard (or wood can work too)
3. Empty 2 liter soda bottle (with cap still attached)
4. Print out targets (see last step)
6. LOTS AND LOTS OF DUCT TAPE (I use colored duct tape kuz I'm cool like that =))
Step 2: Coating the Sheet of Cardboard (or Wood) With Duct Tape
Take your sheet of cardboard (or wood) and coat it with 1-2 layers of duct tape. You can apply the duct tape vertically, overlapping each piece a bit, and then do the same horizontally over the vertical layer. Or you could just make random designs for fun like I did. This makes it so when the bb goes through the cardboard box layer on top of this, which I will discuss later, it doesn't ricochet off the wood or go through the cardboard (depending on which you used.
Step 3: Creating a Chute for the Bb's
Now you take your "semi-cube" shaped box and add strips of cardboard to the inside(see picture). This will create a chute for the bbs to travel down into the holding tank. Now cut a hole where the strips end(this is kinda hard to explain, the picture will help alot). Use duct tape to tape the strips to the box.
Step 4: The Holding Tank
The holding tank catches the bb's and holds them until you empty them out. Take your 2 liter soda bottle and carefully cut a rectangle shaped hole that is slightly larger than the hole in the "semi- cube" cardboard box with scissors. Carefully line up the 2 holes and tape the holding tank to the "semi-cube" box with duct tape.
Step 5: Putting It All Together
Remember the piece of cardboard (or wood) that you covered in duct tape earlier? Now you to need to take the "semi-cube" box and holding tank assembly and attach it to the duct tape-covered backing with, yes more duct tape (toldja you would need alot).
Step 6: Finishing Touches
Now that your target is complete, attach a string to it so you can hang it. Now you need something to shoot at. You can use the targets provided, or use your own. It is recommended that you hang a cloth behind your target to stop a bb in case you miss the target all together. Shoot safe, wear saftey glasses, and have fun!
Step 7: Low Power Mod/ Maintenance/ Important Notes
If your airsoft gun doesn't fire through cardboard, you can cut out the front of the box and tape in some paper to attach the targets to.
- Once and a while, your target will start looking like Swiss cheese, in this situation, you should cut out the front cardboard plate and tape in a new one.
- Emptying the holding tank: Unscrew the cap on the bottle and slowly pour the bbs back into your container with your other bbs. Then screw the cap back on.