Introduction: High Power Led Bike Light (900 Lumen Aprox)
I've recently built this power led for mi bike. These are the parts I used:
- Cree XM-L T6 led. About 900 lm at 2800mA (in theory).
- 5-mode 2800 mA led driver. Switches between 10%, 50%, 100%, fast strobe and SOS.
- 70x10 mm aluminium heatsink.
- 14 degree lens.
- 20mm star PCB
- Sekisui 21 mm thermal sticker
For the battery pack:
- 3000mAh 18650 battery
- 18650 battery holder
- old cell phone cover whith clip
- switch that I found at home
- handlebar mount from old light
- 2 plastic tops
- adhesive filler
- cables that support high current
- RCA connectors
I found some ideas before building this light and a lot of information about drivers
and leds here: http://www.forolinternasled.com/
The cost of everything is about 60 € ~ 84 $
My led came soldered on the PCB, so i started sticking the PCB to the heatsink.
Then I soldered the + and - cables from the driver on the led PCB (the PCB symbols help you)
Between the battery and the driver is a mode switch.
I glued every part so it's water resistant and wrapped the battery pack in a bag.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.