They have a taste of their own. Of course with Nona's secret recipe, anything would! (Hint: It's love).
Follow the recipe, and take your time; good things come to those who bake! Enjoy.
- 6 Large Eggs (separate whites and yolks)
- 1 lb. of sugar
6 oz. for Egg White Mixture (about 3/4 cup)
10 oz. for Butter Mixture
- Almond Extract (Preference: McCormick Brand)
- 6 sticks of butter (1 1/4 lb.)
- 1 tsp. of Salt
- 1lb. 2 oz. of flour
- Food Coloring or Food Dye ( Preference: Chefmaster Brand)
- Raspberry Preserves (Preference: Polaner Brand)
- Powdered sugar for covering
- Shortening to grease baking pans
- Standing Mixer
- Mixing bowls
- 3 - 9 inch x 13 inch pans
Step 1: Egg Whites First
Tips: Any little bit of egg yolk will sabotage your egg white mixture, and not let it grow. Make sure to use only the egg whites.