This is a great way to recycle and it makes an awesome Holiday Teacher gift!
Step 1: Prep the Coffee Sleeve
- Save your coffee sleeves!
- Open the coffee sleeve and paint or stain all of the edges and folds.
Step 2: Pick Out the Paper You Want to Use
- Choose the paper, I like to use two different designs or colors.
- Make the template. Cut one of the Coffee Sleeves apart into one back and two sides. Once cut apart, I trim a little off. I do this on all sides. It will give me a border for the coffee sleeve to show. Now its time to trace the patterns onto the paper and cut out. If you are an inker like me, I ink all off the paper edges now.
- Glue your cut out and inked paper to the sleeve.
- Don't for get to glue on the back piece.
- Any kind of glue will work,or double side tape.
- I stained a chipboard gingerbread boy from Gina's Designs brown. Once the stain was dry, I painted the edges with a little white gesso. I used my finger to add the gesso.
- Glue the Gingerbread boy to the front of the coffee sleeve.
- I painted the vest blue and inked the edges. The vest came with the Gingerbread boy.
- At this point the project is done! Just add a few buttons to the vest.
Step 3: Adding the Goodies Inside
- I'm using my coffee sleeve for Teacher Gifts. They would also make a great stocking stuffier!
- I added a Candy cane, Hot chocolate pack and a paper straw.
Step 4: Wrap It Up!
- Put it in a clear bag, add a tag and a bow .
- I plan on adding a coffee gift card. Thank you!