Introduction: Holographic Jukebox (Intel IoT)
What It Is? - The most awaited experience of 3-D holographic projection at home. With just the name of the song or video typed on your mobile, connected to a portable device, a holographic device basically, with its 3-D 'awe'- projection of that video will leave you with the best visual experience you can ever have. Automated by Intel -Edison Board it is sure to change 'What will you make’ to ' how did you make’! The catch is you can automatically download the video from You Tube or the cloud.
Uniqueness - wonderful holographic effect, all the 2D videos can be converted to 3D holograph format
Innovation – LDR triggered holographic projection, 4 pieces of glass use to project .
Target audience and available market price – with minimal market price upto 7999/- , less than the price of a mobile phone that a working man buys , it is basically targeted to the middle class people. With variations in glass quality used in the holographic jukebox it is also targeted for upper class people .
Nonetheless, as such visualizing its future aspect, the model can be scaled bigger to have a 3D CINEMA!
Step 1: Requirements
-Intel EDISON Board / Intel GALILEO Board
- Groove Kit
-glass frames for prism
-14’ to 16’ screen
Step 2: Hardware
1. PRISM – Take a 4mm whole glass and cut it into 4 equal pieces according to the measurements given in the photo. Stick the glasses pieces with fevi-glue or M-seal.
2. BOARD - Take out your INTEL expansion board and screw it (4 white screws) at the bottom for it to stand. Now attach the Edison board on it with the help of two small screws.
3. SENSORS – Now get started with your Edison board and interface your LDR sensor with it. Attach the ARDUINO SHIELD on the board. Connect the LDR sensor with an LED with the help of connecting wires and a resistance.
Step 3: Software
1. Download the code from the here - github.com/arpansharma/holojukebox
2. How the Code Works? - We ask the user for a video name (query) one wishes to search for. Then url’s are generated for the entered query and stored in a text file. While storing the result obtained in that text file, the links from youtube are arranged in descending order of their maximum number of views i.e., which makes the link of the official video available on the top of the text file. Then that link is passed to the youtube downloader API which downloads that video in the highest quality available. Since videos are downloaded with different names, to keep a track of the latest file downloaded, it is renamed to an integer value which is incremented every time the script runs. Then the renamed video is passed to the mplayer for it to play the video.
3. 4 directional video convertor – The downloaded video is converted by using a open source software into a suitable format. This will convert the video so as to get the 3-D effect by viewing it from all the 4-sides (360 degree angle).
You can make your own code using ‘openGL’/ ‘webGL’ software for converting the 2-d video to 4 directional video.
Step 4: Working
LDR & LED is connected to the board. Now as soon as it gets a suitable light intensity environment LDR changes its resistance due to which the led glows representing jukebox is loaded.
Now you just have to enter the name of the song and automatically the python script will download the video with maximum views, and after conversion the video is played on the attached screen.
Finally the pyramid like glass structure is placed over the screen and you start enjoying the 3-D view with your partner.
Moreover for adding the cloud part - The value of the LDR sensor (either high or low) is sent to the cloud to which our display screen is also connected. On receiving a value high, the python scripts are triggered on the host computer to which the Intel Edison is connected and the video which had been downloaded recently will begin to play.
Step 5: Future Aspect
"Technology in the future is the imagination in the past."
1. The hall – A 4 sided seated hall having a 3-D projection of the movie in the middle at a very low cost. This will also help in making 3-D sound effect more efficient.
2. Room – A personalized room in which you speak a secret keyword and then the 3-D magic starts.
3. It is very useful in medical, army and educational areas because the more you see the better you understand.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.
where i can get the code for the holographic jukebox
why to attach arduino shield on top of the board
how to make this