Introduction: Home Air Vent Modification
Step 1: Tools Required
The tools needed are pretty easy to find laying around your house.
2. Clear Tape
3. Tape Measure or Ruler
I used a magnet that I received when my new phonebook arrived. I have even gone so far as to procure these magnets from recycle bins and asking friends for them.
Step 2: Let's Build This
- Find a large enough piece of cardboard
- Measure your air vent
- Measure your cardboard - Cut the length as wide as the vent - Cut the width about 2 1/2 inches longer than the width of the vent - My grates are 5 1/2" X 11" so I cut my cardboard 8" X 11" and made my fold at 2 1/2"
- Fold the cardboard to your desired size - Give it a little upward slope as to not restrict the air flow
- Trace the inside of your first piece to determine the size of your side panels
- Cut one side panel and then trace it to create the second side panel
- Tape all three pieces together to form your vent hood - Tape as much as you need as this doesn't require much
- Cut a few strips of your magnet and tape them to the base of each side panel - you may want to add more magnet power based on your vent's air flow
- Kick back and enjoy the fruits of your labor
Step 3: The Fun Part
- Now slap some beer stickers on it to show your manliness
- Or you could paint this the same color as your walls to help it match your decor (submitted by Ms. Zoid)
Have fun and ask any questions you might have, Tater