Introduction: Home Made Bearing Induction Heater
It is an easy home made project. It's based on eddy current loss. Eddy current (also called Foucault current) are loops of electrical current induced within conductors by a changing magnetic field in the conductor, due to Faraday's law of induction. Eddy current flow in closed loops within conductors, in planes perpendicular to the magnetic field. Heater use for heating of bearing for mounting on motor generetor shaft.
Induction heating is more efficient and more safe then hammarring process for fitting the bearing on shaft. It recommend maximum bearing manufacturers and large motor manufacturers.
Step 1: Requair Material for Makimg Bearing Heater
We require some old transformer stemping ( I silicon core ) around 5kg.
- 250 volt 12amp MCB
- Tempreture display and controler with magnetic senser.
- 18 swg copper wire
- Old transformer silicon I core
- Insulation tape
- Bearing for testing ( minimum id 40mm)
- Insulation paper
Step 2: Starting to Making Bearinh Heater
- arrange silicon I core in U shape until the thikness is 5 inch.
- Wrap insulation paper on one side
- Wrap 18 nos SWG wire 250 turn
- Connect temperature controller, senser, MCB with coil as per electrical drawing.
- Make silicon I core block for bearing holding
Step 3: Testing
- fix bearing in bearing block and fix it on silicon U shape core
- Supply 230 volt ac to electrical circuit
- Connect magnetic tempreture senser to bearing inner ring
- Set tempreture 110 ° Celsius
- When tempreture is increased of bearing inner ring your project is working
- Fix all component in a box and check again.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.