So after some intensive Googling, I found a “recipe” which explains how to make your own. Credit goes to Fake-It Frugal who came up with this recipe.
Fake-It Frugal gives instructions of how to make the cookie dough but I found that store-bought cookie dough works better for me. My first batch of cookie dough was very runny and didn’t mix well with the ice-cream.
** INGREDIENTS **
Golden North Chocolate Ice-Cream
Aunty Kath’s Cookie Dough
Betty Croker Chocolate Fudge Brownie
1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/4 Cup Water
3 Heaped Tablespoons of Mayonnaise
2. Add the 1/4 Cup of Water to the mixing bowl.
3. Add the 1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil to the mixing bowl.
4. Add the 3 Heaped Tablespoons of Mayonnaise to the mixing bowl.
6. Pour the mixture into a cooking sprayed tin that’s lined with baking paper.
7. Put into the oven and bake on 180°C for 15 minutes.
9. Leave the half-baked brownie mix to cool. Once cooled, divide into two, scoop into large sandwich bags and put in the freezer.
11. Now pour half of one bag of the half-baked brownie mix into the bowl and also break into pieces. (Note: We only use one of the bags of half-baked brownie mix in this recipe. The other bag can be used for another batch.)
13. Add the second half of the cookie dough and half-baked brown mix and break into pieces. (This makes it easier to mix up all of the ingredients.)
14. Add the remainder of the chocolate ice-cream.
16. Once mixed, scoop back into ice-cream container, pressing the ice-cream down. (I was able to fit all of the ice-cream mixture back into the container.)
17. Seal the ice-cream container and put in the freezer.