Introduction: Home Made Clay Skull Pendant
Runner Up in the
Baking Soda Challenge 2017
Make air hardening clay from baking soda and corn starch. And make skull pendant from that clay at home.
- Baking Soda
- Corn Starch
- Copper Wire
- Wire Cutter
- Wire Pliers
Step 1: Video
Step 2: Clay Making
- Take two parts of baking soda and one part of corn starch.
- Mix them well.
- Add cold water and again mix them well.
- Put the mixture in saucepan and cook on low heat until it thicken.
- Take it off from saucepan and let it cool (30 minutes).
- Knead the clay until smooth.
Step 3: Prepare the Wire
- Take a 3 foot copper wire bend it to make it double.
- Bend it two times more.
- Cut the wire from each end, bend parts. Now each wire is separate.
- Make a "U" like shape.
Step 4: Making the Structure
- Twist the wire from center to get all together.
- Pull two wire from one end twist them little bit. And open them from end.
- Do the same from other side.
- In same manner make the whole structure shown in pictures or you can make your own any shape like Sheep horn or Antelope horn.
Step 5: Complete the Horn
- Cover the copper wire frame with clay and make the horn ends pointy.
- Use nail cleaner for detailing.
Step 6: Skull Making
- Take clay and make skull like shape.
- Make skull eye socket just by pressing some thing in it. I have used nail cleaner for it. Match stick or anything could be used.
- Make nose sockets.
- Make thin line in center.
- Finally combine the horn with skull and merge them.
- Leave it to dry at room temperature.
- When its completely dry, wrap thin copper wire on one horn and same wire on other horn.
- Put chain in between these wire.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.