Introduction: Crispy Nacho Chips
-These crispy mexican chips are crunchy and when topped with some salsa and cheese will mouthwater your taste buds.
- As they are made by mixing 2 flours maize(corn) flour and wheat flour they are healthy too.
-You can deep fry or bake them.
Ingredients for nacho chips:
- 1 cup maize(corn)flour
- 3 to 4 tbsp wheat or All purpose flour.
- less than 3/4 cup of water
- carom seeds
- cumin powder
Step 1: Preparing the Dough:
- Take a bowl add maize(corn)flour and wheat flour / All purpose flour.
-Add spices cumin,carom seeds.
Step 2: Add Remaining Spices:
-Add salt,paprika for taste.Mix everything and knead into soft dough by adding water.
Step 3: Flatten the Dough and Cut in Your Desired Shape:
- Form small balls out of dough .Take a plastic cover sheet and apply very little oil to the sheet and flatten the dough on it by dusting little flour.
- Put prickles all over the flatten dough with fork to prevent it from puffing up while frying.
- With help of pizza cutter i made in to triangles.
Step 5: Frying:
-Heat the oil and fry until they turn golden brown in color.
-Transfer nachos on to a tissue paper.
-Next step is to prepare salsa.
Step 6: SALSA PREPARATION
- Finely diced onions
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced garlic
- sliced green chillies
- capsicum thinely chopped
- sweet chilli sauce
- Lime juice
other sauces for topping:
- cheese sauce
- white sauce
- Grated cheese or mozarella
Step 7: Next Step:
-Take a bowl and add onions,diced tomatoes,Green chillies and capsicum slices.
- Add chopped garlic , paprika and salt.
Step 8: Add Other Spices
- Add oregano,sweet chilli sauce and lime juice.
- Mix everything
Step 9: Create Topping in Your Own Style:
-Arrange Nachos on a plate. First add cheese sauce on them
-Then add prepared spicy salsa
Step 10: Add Remaining Toppings:
-Add white sauce on top of salsa and add grated mozarella.
-Keep in microwave for just 40 secs until cheese melts.
Step 11: Enjoy Nachos
-You can enjoy nachos as it is with salsa beside or as topping:)