Introduction: Home Made Double Layered Circuits
In this instructable you will know How to make any circuit completely at home using PCB Double layer
Step 1: Circuit Design
Designing the layout to be printed
In this step I used diptrace simulation software inorder to create the layout to be printed on the pcb. This software is better than many softwares I have worked on. It has many autorouting options for the tracks and components adjustment and you can select whether you want the pcb to be single or double layered .
Step 2: Printing the Design
You will need
- the copper pcp that you will print your design on
1. clean your pcb from the oxidizing layer . keep cleaning it with soap and cotton sheet until the pcb sheet shines and its luster appears .
2.after designing you will have to print the design on a glossy paper using the laser printer (Ink jet will not work).
(for 1 layer circuits print the design normally but for 2 layeres pcbs do not forget to print 1 face normally and the back face will be mirrored )
3.adjust the glossy paper on your pcb and keep the iron above the paper and pcb for 4 minutes .This will lead to the transfer of the ink from the glossy paper into the pcb surface .
Step 3: Etching
Now You have a pcb on which there are ink tracks .The ink acts as a protecting layer for the copper beneath it from the etching solution .
1. put the pcb in a blastic bowl and do not forget when you are dealing with acids do not think to use any material rather than plastic because acid do not ineract with the lattice of the plastic and will not decompose the crystal structure of plastic polymers.
2. Pour the etching solution or the solid acid , you can find them at any of the electronic suppliers .
3. wait for the pcb to turn to white or bright green according to your pcb that you have purchased .
4. Clean the ink carefully afterwards
Step 4: Drilling
You can use a manual hand driller for components holes drilling .
(I used my wall driller and used 0.8 or 1mm bits.. it works )
Step 5: Soldering
For soldering You will need :
3- Soldering paste (optional but it will help u in soldering small electronic components)
Step 6: Placing Components
When Soldering . I prefer to solder the components base into the pcb instead of soldering the ICs directly to the board , heat may damage your ICs and it's always easier when replacing any IC .
Now your electronic circuit is ready to work .
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.