Step 1: Gather Ingredients & Tools
- 2 gallons of skim milk
- 1 cup of distilled white vinegar
- 5 tablespoons of chia seeds
- fruit, amount varies by preference but I like quite a bit. the best fruits I've tried are apples and black cherries
- half and half (to taste)
- nuts of your choice
- candy thermometer
- large pot
- plastic or metal strainer, or cheese cloth (of the three of these I like plastic netting strainers the best by far)
- cutting board & knife
- 5 16oz mason jars
- container for storing diced fruit
Step 2: Heat the Milk
Step 3: Dice Your Fruit
Step 4: Pour Vinegar & Stir
Step 5: Rinse the Curds
Step 6: Jar Time...
Step 7: Add Fruit, Chia Seeds, and Nuts
Step 8: Cap & Store
1. This is an awesome post-exercise meal because of its high concentration of slow-releasing casein protein. However, you'll be in a world of hurt if you eat this as a pre-exercise meal.
2. Even if you're dead tired when you finish making this, take a few minutes to rinse out your strainer and pot. If you don't, the curds will dry to a cement-like consistency and will be almost impossible to remove from both the strainer and the pot.
3. Here are some links to the products I use:
Mason Jars: http://www.amazon.com/Ball-Wide-Mouth-Quart-Bands/dp/B005T6FBOK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1375720353&sr=8-1&keywords=wide+mouth+mason+jars