Introduction: Home-made Organic Ant Repellent
Ants are everywhere... They are in the garden, making their way into homes and attacking food items kept in the kitchen. To get rid of ants few people spray chemical ant repellent powder or draw lines with chemical chalk around the affected area.
Here is one simple organic ant repellent you can make easily at home
Step 1: What You Need
- Collect all the onion skin and ginger skin from the kitchen. These are the kitchen waste we throw away everyday.
- Add some raw onions and few garlic cloves to the collection
Step 2: Boil the Contents
- Add water to cover the contents and boil over high flame for about five minutes
- Remove the container from stove and allow to cool down
Step 3: Grind the Boiled Waste
- Transfer the material to a mixer grinder and grind for about 30 seconds
- Using a cotton cloth, filter out the liquid
- Do not throw away the remains. You can bury it around base of house plants
Step 4: Store the Mix
- This is a concentrated mix. You can store it in a clean bottle and keep it in shade
Step 5: Make Diluted Solution for Use
- Make a diluted solution whenever you find some ant problem
- Mix one part of the concentrated extract to about five parts of water and make a diluted solution
Step 6: Sprinkle Around Ant Affected Area
- Here you can see the area in our portico affected by ants
- Sprinkle the diluted solution around the ant affected area.
- The ants will soon disappear from the spot. Sometimes you need to sprinkle the solution few times to completely get rid of ants
- In the last picture you can see that the ants have disappeared from the affected area
You can store this solution in a cool, shaded place for about three to four months