(please note that this is not an instructable on soldering or electronic components. prior knowledge is assumed)
Step 1: PARTS!
- 20k ohm resistor (red, black, orage)
- 10M ohm resistor (brown, black, blue)
- 10 uF capacitor
- perforated circuit board
- CMOS 555 timer (MUST be cmos / low power consumption to run on a 3v battery!)
- 3v battery (2032) & battery holder
- asst. lengths of wire
- mosfet (i use a VN10KM, others may work)
- piezo buzzer (apply current and get a beep, just the piezo element itself will not work for this)
- soldering iron
- wire cutters
- box cutter or exacto
- knowledge of soldering and electronics :D
Step 2: Nitty-gritty
if you've got a breadboard, lay one out first and make sure it all works!
AGH sorry! Revised schematic 4/4/09 (thanks dad)
Step 3: On perf board and component leads
my project here is 11x9 holes. depending on the size of your components and your layout, your size my vary.
another good idea is to lay out your components before you cut (to know how much you need) as well as after you've cut it. knowing where things go before you start speeds up the process and prevents having to go back.
one last tip: when cutting off excess component leads, you can save them and use them to make connections to the bottom of your board.