I had been searching for cheap brushes for a few months to complete this project, but I hadn't found any reasonably priced broom heads or scrub brushed until last week. I spotted some cheap scrub brushes at Target that I thought would work perfectly.
So this project cost me a grand total of $4, with a few scrap materials thrown in.
Step 1: Gather Materials and Tools.
- Flat screwdriver
- #2 Phillips screwdriver bit
- 5/32" twist bit
- 1/8" twist bit
- Circular saw (table saw, miter saw, jig saw, whatever your favorite tool is for cutting plywood)
- #12 x 3/4" pan head sheet metal screws
- 2" construction screws
- 4 cheap scrub brushes
- 6 x 30" piece of 3/4" plywood. (or scrapsin the range of 3 - 4x6" and 1- 6x15")
Step 2: Disassemble the brushes
- Pry the brush from the handle
- When you pry the brush and handle far enough apart, grab the brush part in one hand, the handle part in the other, and pull to separate
Step 3: Cut the Plywood Pieces
2 - 4 x 4" Triangle supports
2 - 4 x 6" side brush holders
1 - 6 x 15" base