I was inspired to make this because....
- I don't like drinking straight from a soda can.
- I didn't want to pay for the commercial bottle tops.
- I had all of the materials needed on hand.
You should make this because....
- It is cheap and simple to make.
- It requires few basic materials.
- It will save you money by not buying commercial bottle tops.
I hope you enjoy making your very own bottle tops!
Step 1: Materials/ Tools
- An empty water bottle
- A soda can
- 4-5 rubber bands
Step 2: Preparing the Bottle
Now we have to test this part of the topper. Try to slide this over the top of the can. It may take a little force, but eventually it should be able to slide over the top of the can nice and snug.
Step 3: Making the Seal
Now we have to make sure that the bottle still fits with the rubber bands on. If it is too loose, add more rubber bands. If it is too tight take off a rubber band.
Step 4: Putting the Topper on the Can
To test your can, try drinking some soda from it. If it doesn't leak, congratulations, you have finished your bottle topper! If it does leak, then you may want to add more rubber bands to your gasket so you have a tight seal!