Step 1: EDIT:
Step 3: You Will Need:
1. Piece of 2 x 4 (10 inches, more or less)
2. Bare copper wire
3. Duct tape
4. Optional: spray paint for decorating
1. AC Adapter( PREFERABLY INPUT : 120V, OUTPUT : 9V)
2. 9V Battery
3. Two short pieces of stranded wire (about 5 inches long)
3. Bandsaw or similar
4. Drill with large wood bore and 1/8 drill bit
5. Sharpie (or other writing utensil)
6. Wire cutters
Step 4: Main Shape:
Step 5: Wood Frame:
Now, draw a circle inside it about an inch away from the outside edge. Using your drill and a large wood bore, drill a hole in the center. You will probably want to put the piece in a clamp first.
Next, get out your jigsaw and cut out the circle.
(Please excuse my not-so-pretty cutting job, you can probably do better)
Step 6: Drilling:
Do the same with the front and back, using only 8 holes.
Step 7: Adapter Dissasembly:
1. Pry the top off ( Or unscrew if screwed on ) - to do this, first poke a thin screwdriver into the groove, then pound the top of it with a hammer; then pry upwards until loose; repeat until you can pry the top off
2. Pull the transformer out of th plastic casing
3. Loosen the knot in the output wire
4. Cut the output wire right at the plastic piece
5. Strip the rubber coating off the top of the output wire, about a centimeter, with a knife; also split the black and white wires apart for about an inch; twist the wire strands
Step 8: Wiring:
Wire the bottom first. See pictures. Thread the wires through the holes and then bend them over. Do the same thing the other way. Repeat for the top frame, using the top holes. I ran out of copper wire, so I used haywire to finish. Trim the wires that are too long. Make sure that none of the wires from the top frame are touching the bottom frame and vice versa. Duct tape all the sides except for the one by the handle.
Squeeze the wire frames close together, but NOT touching!