To make the cannoli shells you will need the following:
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp of dark drown sugar
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 3 tbsp of softened butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 oz. of sweet Marsala wine
1. Mix the everything but the Marsala in a bowl with a pastry cutter until it is crumbly, the butter and egg yolks should be thoroughly mixed.
2. Add in the wine 1 oz at a time, until you are able to mix it with your hands.
3. Form into a ball and let sit uncovered for 30 minutes.
While the dough is resting we will form the cannoli tubes out of foil.