In this dark side instructable, I'll show you how I turned a toy plastic Vader mask into an awesome Star Wars prop like the one seen in The Force Awakens trailer.
I'm sure we've all seen the Darth Vader melted/damage mask from the upcoming movie trailer!
How do I make my own melted Vader mask and what do I need?
- Plastic Vader mask (I found a second hand one on eBay)
- Reference image (keep to hand when working)
- Extra plastic (I used an old container lid, same thickness)
- Blow touch or heat gun
- Hot glue gun or 3D printer pen
- Spray and acrylic paint
- Respirator & eye protection
When heating plastic you need to be in a well ventilated area with respirator and eye protection. Please note that this can be dangerous if not controlled and you will need to take responsibility for your own actions. I will not be held responsible for any accidents.
To start, I recommend watching the short YouTube tutorial on making your own melted Vader mask.