Step 4: Gel Air Freshener
Very simple to make and very, very cheap! Perfect for bathrooms or closets. Will last around a month.
The instructions for this will depend on the type of gelatin or pectin you use.
What you'll need:
- plain, unflavored gelatin or pectin
- water for preparing gelatin
- food coloring (optional, just for added flair)
- essential oils
- small glass jars or bowls (I filled three with 2 cups of finished gelatin)
- 1 tablespoon salt (prevents mold)
Check the strength of the smell at this time and add more oil if necessary.
This will firm up at room temperature, but if you want it to set quicker you can place it in the fridge.
I've got two of these in my closet right now, as well as one in the bathroom.
You can cover these with thin cloth or perforated paper if you like, but I keep mine up high enough that anything that sticks to the surface is out of sight. :)