Introduction: Homemade Herbal Tea: a Tasty Drink (Warm or Iced)
This simple homemade herbal tea is a great tasty drink to help you stay hydrated as a warm tasty beverage during cold weather or a nice chilling healthy iced tea during the summer. This herbal tea contains cinnamon, ginger, mint leaves, and freshly squeezed grapefruit juice to not only provide a nice balanced flavor combination but also a ton of health benefits:
Cinnamon: loaded with antioxidants, contains anti-inflammatory properties, can help lower the risk of heart diseases, help stabilize blood sugar, help fight bacterial/fungal infections, and many other health benefits.
Ginger: helps reduce muscle pain/soreness, help with osteoarthritis, lower blood sugar, threat chronic indigestion, reduce menstrual pain, lower cholesterol levels, and many other health benefits.
Mint Leaves: improve digestion, a great remedy for nausea/headache, help with respiratory disorder and coughs, great skin care for pimples, and many other health benefits.
Freshly Squeezed Grapefruit Juice: contains high amount of vitamin C, vitamin A, and potassium.
Calorie & Macro Information for the whole pitcher of tea (it contains about 8 cups of tea):
45 calories, 0 F, 10 C, 1 P
Ingredients: 2 fresh mint leaves 1 cinnamon stick 1 inch ginger root cut into chunks 1/2 medium size grapefruit Liquid sweetener Vanilla extract Boiled water
1. Crush two mint leaves to release some flavor and put them into a tea ball.
2. Break cinnamon stick into small pieces and put them into the tea ball along with sliced ginger root.
3. Put the tea ball into a large glass pitcher and put a strainer on top of the pitcher to collect the seeds/pulps from freshly squeezed grapefruit juice.
4. Add in liquid sweetener depends on how sweet you would like (we used 3 tsp of sugar equivalent but you can use less or more) and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract through the strainer to help keep the herbal tea looking clear.
5. Pour boiling water over the strainer until you almost fill up the glass pitcher then remove the strainer. Let the tea brew for 15 min.
6. Take out the tea ball and you can serve it warm or you can put the pitcher into the fridge for a few hours or add in some ice to serve as delicious iced tea.
We like to use this tea as a substitute for soda, boring water, or sugar packed iced tea to help us stay hydrated throughout the year.
For more delicious, quick, easy, & healthy recipes: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5eJCT09znHyqI4AQoRZu2qvlLouPT4oa
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.