Cooking time-15 minutes
Makes- 5-6 Hot Pockets
Pizza dough ingredients:
3 1/2 to 4 cups bread flour, plus more for rolling
1 teaspoon sugar
1 envelope instant dry yeast
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 1/2 cups water, 110 degrees F
2 tablespoons olive oil
Hot Pocket ingredients:
*depends on what you want to put in yours.
I made- ham & swiss, turkey & cheese, pepperoni & mozzarella
Step 1: Pizza Dough
1. Make the pizza dough.....
a. Combine the bread flour, sugar, yeast and kosher salt in a mixer and combine.
b. While the mixer is running, add the water and 2 tablespoons of the oil. Beat until the dough forms into a ball.
* If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball.
2. Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
3. In a greased bowl place dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 40 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
5. Set out and chop/shred the ingredients you want to put in your hot pocket.
6. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 3 inch balls.
7. Sprinkle a cookie sheet with cornmeal or non stick spray.
Step 2: Stuffing the Dough
2. Next, Roll the dough and meat up. Start on one end and roll. Tuck the ends under the hot pocket and place on a cookie sheet.
3. Repeat until done.
4. Brush a little butter on top of each hot pocket.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.