You will need the following ingredients:
- Cake flour - 1/2 cup initally and 1/2 cup later after it is out of the bowl
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Eggs - 1 egg
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- (Optional) Tomato Paste - about 4 ounces
I make my pasta a little different then most, I will mix mine in a bowl and then mix it on a counter top when it is dry enough.
- First add in the different flours .
- Now the wet ingredients.
- Begin mixing with your hands, if the dough seems to wet add in a small amount of cake flour.
- Once it starts to clump, remove from the bowl and add in the additional flour.
- It should be fairly dry and tear into strands.
- Now it will be ready for the pasta machine.