Dandruff can affect many different people in every age group. Dandruff can manifest as either very dry and flaky scalp or very oily scalp with flakes. Contrary to popular belief, dandruff is not caused by a dry scalp or from improper hair care. It can be caused by increased oil production, hormonal fluctuations, stress, and illness.
To banish a flaky scalp, try this simple recipe:
- 1/4 cup distilled water
- 1/4 cup liquid Castile Soap
- 1/2 teaspoon jojoba, grapeseed, or other light vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 6 finely ground cloves
- Flip Cap Bottles or Foaming Bottles to dispense
In a small grinder or blender, mix all ingredients on low for 30 seconds.
Wet the hair with warm water and shampoo the mixture into the hair well. Rinse with warm water.
Cover and refrigerate leftovers. Discard after 3 days!