I was taught how to make this recipe by my Mom when I was about 8 or 9, and never cooked microwavable popcorn ever since. It's quick, easy, and delicious.
Step 1: Equipment and Ingredients
- Large Bowl: I use a large, metal bowl to mix the popcorn with the salt and butter.
- Large Tupperware Container with Lid: You can use this instead of the bowl. Personally, I find this much easier to use, but if you don't have one you can use the bowl.
- Medium Saucepan with Lid: To cook the popcorn in kind of self-explanatory.
- Popcorn Seeds: Popcorn comes in white and yellow (but I even bought it as purple at a Cracker Barrel once), and is bought in the same aisle as microwavable popcorn. You only need about one cup, but I never measure. >.<
- Butter: Because all popcorn needs butter. You'll need about 2 or 3 tablespoons.
- Salt: I personally bought some popcorn salt at a Giant Eagle (I think), but regular salt could be used too.
- Oil: To oil the pan. ...Yeah.